News, competitions, behind the scenes and information from the World's Most Famous Racecourse.
Thursday, 22 December 2011
Day 22 of the Ascot Racecourse Facebook Advent Calendar
The festive season is now upon us and Ascot Racecourse would like to spread some festive cheer amongst all of our loyal fans. For 24 days we will be offering you the chance to win some fantastic prizes donated to us by some very kind companies.
We are now into our top 5 prizes and today you could be in with a chance of winning 4 tickets to a Harlequins Premiership Rugby Match of your choice courtesy of John Guest, the world leader in Push-fit Fittings, Pipe and Plastic Plumbing Systems. You will get the chance to visit their famous stadium the ‘Stoop’ in Twickenham to watch either a match from the Aviva Premiership, the Heineken Cup or the LV Cup.
To be in with a chance of winning this incredible prize, all you need to do is 'Like' us on Facebook and answer the following question.
What year was the song 'Mr Blobby' the UK Christmas no 1?
Send your name, address and answer under the subject heading 'Christmas Day 22' to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win our first prize!
Day 21 Prize Winners are Kerry Burchell from Lewes who won the £250 bet plus a fleece. The runners up are who each win a fleece are Stewart Finkle from Staffs, Stephen Grist from Ascot, Vanessa Cox from Bucks and Karen Carter from Wars. Congratulations!
1. Competition closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 22nd December.
2. Competition only open to 'fans' of Ascot Racecourse on Facebook.
3. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions on Facebook (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
4. Unless otherwise specified, competition open to UK and Republic Of Ireland residents aged 18 or over except employees of Ascot Racecourse Ltd, Ascot Hospitality, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies.
5. No cash alternative is available and all prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Prizes are not for resale and cannot be used for commercial use or use in further promotions.
6. The prize winners will be selected at random by Ascot Racecourse Ltd. Their decision is final in every situation, including any not covered, above and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner(s) will be notified by 6pm on Friday 23rd December of their prize.
8. Ascot Racecourse Ltd will not pass your personal details to any other organisation without your permission, except for the purpose of awarding your prize if necessary.
9. Use of false name or address, i.e. name, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. All entrants will be notified by e-mail. Ascot Racecourse Ltd can only reply to the e-mail address supplied and cannot be responsible for any change of e-mail address.
10. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
11. Prizes will be sent within 28 days after the competition closes.
12. One entry per household per day.
13. If a prize is not claimed within 28 days it will be offered to another entrant.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. Game choice is up to the winner (Subject to availability) but must be decided by 31st December 2012.
2. Tickets only apply to Harlequins home games played at their ‘Stoop’ stadium in Twickenham.
3. Prize is only for four tickets. No cash alternative is available and all prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Prizes are not for resale and cannot be used for commercial use or use in further promotions.